Saturday, October 10, 2009

16 Months and Counting

I turned 16 months old on Friday so here's my sort of smiling face!

I've been quite the busy guy lately. Here's a recap...

Family Fun: Mommy and daddy took me to the Schaake's Pumpkin Patch outside of Lawrence yesterday. Mommy had her heart set on taking my picture with the growth chart again this year. I had just fallen asleep about the time we arrived so cooperating wasn't in my plan. She got one that she said was going to have to do.

Almost 3 feet tall!


My family!We were going to go to a place called Gary's Pumpkin Patch outside of Topeka today but unfortunately mommy and daddy didn't take a close look at the weather forecast. They thought it was going to warm up a little by the time we got there so we didn't take coats and gloves. It was only about 37 degrees outside so needless to say, we didn't say long. I think we'll try again in a couple of weeks.

Last weekend we went to Eudora Fest. We walked up and down Main Street looking at different vendors. We ate a yummy lunch and snacks. I got to play a fishing game, jump in a bounce house, go to a museum, and look at some real live birds. We had a good time!

Moves and Grooves: I've been doing a lot of imitating lately with words and actions. Mom and dad think it's pretty funny. I've started dancing to music, blowing lots of kisses, and trying to jump! I give kisses and blow kisses when asked...if I feel like it. I've become quite the climber too. I just love to sit in chairs and I also think it's pretty fun to get to the highest point I can. Table tops are pretty cool. I've been doing some more baby signs too. Those include eat, more, all done, milk, and I'm just starting to do thank you. I've also found my belly button! Take a look!

Words: At home I mostly use signs when I want something to eat or do more of something. Some words I've recently added to my vocabulary include no, fish, mama, and go. Mom and dad think I'm understanding a lot more. I sometimes stop when I'm told no, put or throw things away when asked, take things to people, and go get things I've been asked to get. Mom and dad have been trying to get me to say and sign I love you. I've got I down pat but after that I think I need to say bye and wave. It makes mommy and daddy laugh so I'll probably just keep saying "I bye" for awhile.

Personality: Mom and dad seem to think that I'm going to be a class clown. They think I'm pretty silly and am turning into quite the little joker.

Naughtiness: I've started biting again. Uh-oh! I can't help it, I go in for a kiss but biting the heck out of a nose or cheek is just way more fun. Well, everyone else doesn't seem to think so but I do. Mom hopes I quit very soon.

Big Boy Pants?: For grins and giggles mom put some training pants on me awhile back. I was pretty excited about them and went to tell dad all about them. When they took me upstairs to try sitting on my potty chair I got bored and decided to leave the room. They thought it would be good for me to take a second shot at the potty chair but I decided to show them and I peed all over the floor. Ha! They're not going to be trying that gig again for awhile.

Growing and Eating: I've started eating like crazy these last few days so mommy and daddy are pretty sure that I'm going through a growth spurt. Speaking of eating, I've been using a plate and silverware. I wasn't too sure about those guys at first but I like them now. I still like to use my hands a lot but a spoon does come in handy from time to time. Mom and dad also got me a booster seat for the table so that I can be sitting at their level. And sometime when I'm ready I'll actually get to be up at the table with them. They tried sitting me at the table a few days after I got my new seat but I made a pretty big mess and mommy decided to revoke my table privileges for awhile.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. I'll leave you with a picture of me with mommy.

Kiss Kiss!

No comments: