Saturday, August 6, 2011

8 weeks old already?

Hard to believe that Miss Madilyn is already 8 weeks old...almost 9 at this point.  Time passes way too quickly these days.  It's been a crazy few weeks around our house.
Mom: 
On July 25th I had a late postpartum hemorrhage.  It was a pretty scary ordeal and I'm feeling pretty lucky to be alive.  I got taken by ambulance to Overland Park Regional Hospital where I was given a D & C and 2 units of blood.  Nearly 2 weeks later, I'm feeling a bit better but still get tired pretty quickly.  I'm looking forward to feeling better and getting back to running.

Madilyn: 
She's been smiling for a few weeks now and it's really fun to see.  She's growing and changing so quickly!  She still has all of that fluffy brown hair!  I can't wait to see what she weighs at her 2 month appointment on Friday.  She's getting a bit chubby! :) 


Camdyn:

Last Sunday we took Camdyn to see Winnie the Pooh at the movie theater.  He had been loving the preview so we took a chance on it.  I've been pretty scared to take him to the theater because I didn't think he could sit through a whole movie.  He actually did fairly well.  He asked to leave once before the movie started and repeatedly asked to go to Walmart during the movie.  Other than that he just kept bouncing between my lap and Bryon's lap.  Not bad for a first go!  Didn't hurt that the movie really wasn't that long either.  :)  He's even asked to go see it again!

On Monday I will be taking Camdyn to a Developmental Pediatrician in Leawood to see what his verdict is about Camdyn having ADHD.  I'm ready to know if I'm right (along with a ton of other people who have spent some time with Camdyn).  I know he's "all boy" but I truly believe there's more to his behavior.

Camdyn is doing ok with adjusting to being a big brother. He has his moments when he loves her and his moments when he hates her. I'm sure this dynamic will continue for many years to come! He really doesn't like when she cries and when she needs something when he wants attention...not a surprise.

No comments: