Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter and Ears (Not Bunny Ears)

On Friday I went to the ear, nose, and throat doctor and found out that I have my 4th ear infection. Guess what that guy told us? I need to get tubes. I'm not so sure about getting put to sleep but hopefully they'll make me feel all better. The whole family is pretty tired of me having the stuffy nose that comes along with my ear infections. Mom has to call and get my surgery scheduled today.

Easter was pretty laid back at my house. I woke up to an Easter basket filled with goodies. My favorite was a stuffed Ming-Ming (the baby duck from Wonder Pets). Later in the day mom and I went grocery shopping so that dad could catch some Z's before heading to work.

The next couple of weekends should be all sorts of fun for me as I will be getting to see Grandpa and Grandma Vieux both weekends. This weekend they'll be coming to my house to watch me while my silly parents run the Lawrence Half Marathon. Depending on time we might even be able to make it to swimming so that I can show them how awesome I am in the water. Then the next weekend is Grandpa Vieux's birthday so we're going to head down to Hesston to visit. While we're there mommy is going to run the Emma Creek Classic. That's a 5k for women only. Mommy ran it a couple of years ago and came in 12th out of about 900 ladies! This year she's hoping to be in the top 10 as she ran her all-time personal best last night at home. She ran it in 21:33...way to go mommy!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Abbey! My mom sent my your blog. Camdyn is getting so big. He is so cute and looks like you are having blast with him. I wanted to tell you that my Owen had to have tubes less than a month ago. The surgery was less than 15 minutes. So go for it. Owen is a much happier and is way less fussy now. Only down fall is the fight to put the ear plugs in at bath time.
Well Good Luck!
Aliesha

Anonymous said...

Hi kids, Camdyn is soooooo cute!! Great time Abbey, keep it up. I hope the weather cooperates for you.
Tosha Fields loved reading the blog too. She works with me. She did ask however, did Daddy get a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt? He was soooo lucky, his angels were working overtime!! Great to keep up on you guys.
Love you lots, A. Marsh