Friday, April 24, 2009

Shiny New...

...tubes! I could feel the anticipation thick in the air this morning so I woke up super early. I was very unsatisfied when I found that I wouldn't be getting breakfast after waking. Instead I had to hang around and wait to leave for the hospital. We got there shortly after 6:45 this morning and I got to play with some cool toys before I got taken back to my very own room. Everyone kept telling me how cute I was so they must have been good guys. They even brought me a wagon so dad could pull me up and down the hall until it was time for surgery. That was my very first wagon ride and it was all sorts of fun. Cartoons and a wagon ride, that's my kind of morning! Right as I was starting to get sleepy all on my own a nurse came and stole me away from mom and dad. She took me away to a room of strangers that put me to sleep with some sort of magical air. When I woke up I was all sorts of mad and only stopped crying long enough to drink a bottle of milk for breakfast. As soon as that was gone I started crying all over again. I heard the mean lady in blue tell mommy and daddy that I probably felt drunk...whatever that is. The doctor told mom and dad that my left ear was pretty badly infected so I have antibiotic drops that I have to use for 3 days. We'll see how it goes. I only have to wear ear plugs if I'm in a lake or ocean so that's not bad. Mommy thought I might have to wear them at the pool and in the bath.

Now I'm off to visit Grandma and Grandpa Vieux! Grandpa's birthday is on the 27th so we're celebrating a little early. Mommy is also going to run the Emma Creek Classic. Speaking of running and seeing Grandma and Grandpa Vieux...I got to spend time with them at my house last weekend while mom and dad ran a half marathon. It was cold, windy, and wet so we only cheered them on for a few minutes at the end.

I'll miss all of my swimming buddies...hope you guys have fun and I'll see you next Saturday! I'm off...have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: