I've been having a drippy nose and cough for a couple of weeks now but on Friday things took a turn for the worse. Friday afternoon I was coughing up a storm and by late evening it had progressed into having extreme difficulty breathing. Around 10:30 mom and dad whisked me off to the emergency room where I was immediately taken back to be seen. I got to skip the whole waiting in line thing so they must have been pretty concerned about me. After lots of medicine and a breathing treatment they admitted me to the hospital to monitor my progress, give me meds, and make sure my oxygen levels didn't get too low. The doctors decided that I have restrictive airway disease which the nurse said is just a fancy new name for asthma. By Saturday afternoon I was pretty stir crazy so thank goodness they decided to send me home around 2:00 pm. I'm still not breathing the best but it's definitely better. Hopefully this was a one time event but you never can tell.
As for my parents, I gave them a big scare and made them lose tons of sleep. I think they'll recover too!
No comments:
Post a Comment